As the weather here in NYC gets colder and the holiday parties invitations start to arrive I start to pull out the oxblood, chocolate and eggplant colored lipsticks. Yes honey! It's time to go dark. Take a chance with deep plums, browns and reds...maybe even a black midnight lipstick! Too scared... why not just dip your toe in the darker shades by deepening your favorite reds, nudes and pinks with a dark lip pencil underneath. I don't care what shade, tone or color your skin is there is a lipstick out there with your name on it... one that will make you feel fierce and sexy. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!!
3 TIPS TO WEAR IT RIGHT!
Always take the color for a test drive.
Run your lip brush or cotton swab along the side of the lipstick where people usually don't touch it AFTER you spay the lipstick with alcohol. Apply the color to your lips using the Q-tip to see if it brightens your complexion and you like the look.
Apply your lipstick with a lip brush.
Dark shades can get messy quickly, be sure you're precisely putting it on by using a brush. I love to use Chanel's lip brush or Laura Mercier's concealer brush. I swipe it on from the outer corner of the mouth to center on both the upper and lower lips, then I fill in the rest.
Skip the glossy finish. There's nothing wrong with adding lip gloss over your usual lip color to make it standout more, but this shade doesn't need any help. If you really want to add gloss apply it only to the center of your lips.
Some lip colors that I love so much. PS. I could not stop at 10... it's really 14!
1. Nars Audacious Lipstick in Ingrid
2. Laura Mercier Satin Lip Color in Cherrywood
3. Revlon Super Lustrous Creme Lipstick in Raisin Rage OR Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Black Cherry
4. Lancôme Rouge in Love in Fiery Attitude OR Lancôme L'Absolu Rouge Definition in Le Pourpre OR Lancôme Color Design Bow And Arrow.
5. Anastasia Beverly Hills Liquid Lipstick in Midnight
6. NYX Cosmetics Soft Matte Lip Cream in Transylvania or High Voltage Lipstick in Dirty Talk
7. Dolce & Gabbana Dolce Matte Lipstick in Dolce Jealous
8. Estée Lauder Pure Color Envy Liquid Lip Potion in Savage Garden
9. Giorgio Armani Ecstasy Lacquer in Leather
10. Chanel Rouge Coco Shine in Aura
THINGS I LOVE!