I love makeup (of course), but I’m not a slave to it. When I go on vacation I don't want to take my whole makeup table with me on holiday. I refuse to carry massive amount of cosmetics with me on any trip. I just do not think it is necessary to carry a boat load of makeup and skin care to look your best while on vacation.
The key, I think is to balance how you can look great in all those vacation pictures and also look fabulous carrying a super light suitcase.
When I'm going on a vacation, I want to have options. I want to look pretty, and if I'm not careful and ruthless that can lead to over packing my makeup bag. It is simple...anything which isn’t essential doesn’t make it into my bag. So, as we head towards vacation season, I've thought long and hard to come up with some key things to bring on vacation - the beauty beach essentials!
1, Cleansing wipes
Your regular face wash might not get through TSA, but towelettes are invulnerable to the three-ounce rule. Plus, wipes are good for everything from removing makeup to giving yourself a quick all-over clean up after a couple of hours walking around outside in the heat.
Pre-cleanse wipes by Dermalogica. $18 These take off makeup wonderfully. And after you've taken off the makeup, use Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleansing Cloths to finish cleaning your skin. These wipes will leave skin feeling fresh and clean - without drying it out. $8
2. Samples of Moisturizer -- Make friends with your local beauty sales staff. At BlueMercury, We have access to samples of the best skin care out there. If you are a nice polite customer and you tell us you are going on vacation you more than likely will get a nice collection of samples to take with you on vacation. There is no need to haul your $300 dollar bottle of Natura Bisse on the plane. You can also order samples online from sites like Sample Buddy or sign up for Birch Box or Sample Society to start getting deluxe samples on a monthly bases.
3. Pressed Powder & blotting papers—Regular foundation is just too messy... liquid is just wrong for heat and humidity of the beach. Loose powder is too...loose for any kind of travel. Pressed powder, pigmented or translucent, and blotting papers are the best bet to look flawless and polished.
Bobbi Brown makes great blotting papers.
Trish McEvoy Even Skin® Mineral Powder Foundation SPF 15 lightweight, long-wearing pressed mineral powder gives buildable coverage with the benefit of sun protection.
4. BB Cream or Tinted moisturizer with sunscreen— They hydrate, protect, and it give your skin a healthy glow. Put it on after your moisturizer and sunscreen, let it dry, and then dust powder on top for a "finished" look.
Trish McEvoy - Beauty Balm Instant Solutions® SPF 35 An all-in-one skin perfecter that instantly primes, brightens, evens, hydrates and controls oil.
Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20. It has enough pigment to cover minor imperfections, and it feels like silk, protects against the sun, and leaves your skin looking like a better, prettier version of itself.
5. Waterproof eye makeup—If you're going to wear mascara or eyeliner, or eye-shadow make sure it's not going to melt off your face, dissolve in the pool or float away in the ocean.
Great Lash Waterproof Mascara $6
Trish McEvoy High Volume Mascara $31
6. Bright lip color —As an accent for going out at night. It can also multitask as blush or patted on with your fingertip as a daytime lip sheer, too. Make sure it won't melt in the heat.
7. Makeup bag that separates your makeup into easy to see sections is essential. I have a planner from Trish McEvoy that I love. They are perfect for vacations. I call it my summer vacation secret weapon!
Trish McEvoy's Makeup Planner®
I'm not joking, these planners are perfect for vacations. Perfect! They are stylish, organized and functional.
You can get them in different colors. You can get them various sizes: petite, medium or large. You can buy them empty or packed with makeup.
If you buy an empty planner ($65 -$78) you can, of course, fill it with your own makeup. It holds a lot of makeup.
OK, so what makes these so great for vacations? The genius behind these Trish McEvoy planners is how organized you will be!
What makes these planners different from just a regular ole makeup bag, well it is her magnetic pages. The pages hold squares of makeup - makeup that would normally be in lots of different cases. The pages are magnetized and hold Trish McEvoy's squares of eye-shadow, foundation, bronzer, blush etc...they just pop into the pages. With Trish's planners you can fit a whole face worth of makeup into one or two pages. These pages attach to the planner. There is a simplicity to it all...and you feel super organized.
Reason main to buy these planner pre-pack with makeup is simple. Value! You get the planner filled with makeup! Here is what you get in the latest planner that is only available online at Trish McEvoy:
So along with the white planner (super chic!) - you get a page full of makeup filled with a bronzer, blush, translucent powder and a highlighter. Plus, you get more makeup perfect for when you go on holiday. The mascara is one of the best on the market and is called the brides mascara... it will not run or smudge in any weather. The gel eyeliner won't budge once it sets. The Lip and Cheek Color in perfect rose... is pretty color, both fresh and functional in that it's versatile and easy to carry. The 24 hour eye-shadow and liner in Rose Quartz is an amazing color stick for the eyes. The color is a neutral pink, with a little shimmer. It looks great on anyone. Once the shadow is on, it will not move until you take it off. The lip gloss has an SPF of 15 and is a delicate shade of pink. The Instant Eye Lift and the Eye Base Essentials are also both in travel sizes and perfect for vacation. The Eye Base Essentials can be used as a base, and as an nude eye-shadow. The Instant Eye Lift makes concealer unnecessary. Trish McEvoy amazing new planner is only online and is special for Mother's Day. ($235)
THINGS I LOVE!