Shout out to her makeup artist, Sir John! You too can get this look!
SKIN & CHEEKS
Use your best judgment to create a flawless skin and be very subtle on your cheeks, a little color with a bit of contouring is all you need. Remember the eyes and the lips are the focus. Very little on the cheeks! Lets get started.
Beyonce’s brows are enhanced. But, PLEASE no heavy pencil or harsh lines. Start with brows that are arched and fill them in with a brow powder or pencil one shade lighter than your own. Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz Soft Brown which is a warm golden brown adds the perfect touch to brows without being too heavy and easily fills in gaps and mimic brow hair.
PRIMER AND LINER
Prep your eyelids with a durable primer. You will need to use something that won’t budge and lasts all day. Benefit Cosmetics Stay Don’t Stray Primer and Urban Decay Primer Potion are two great options that never let us down. Make sure you smooth your primer on for an even finish so that your eyeshadow colors don’t start creasing by the end of the night. Use a black pencil khol liner to line your upper tightline. Makeup Forever Kohl Pencil Black 1K or Rimmel Jet Black Soft Kohl Kajal Eye Pencil works perfectly.
You can recreate Beyonce’s metallic silver-blue eyes with three colors. For the base, start with a deep smokey grey. MAC Eyeshadow Knight Divine (a black shadow with silver pigment) or MAC Typographic is the matte black and would give you a close if not exact match to her base color.
The dimension on her eyes comes in with the deep slate sliver-blue shadow that runs from the inner corner to the middle of her lids that shimmers as she turns her face. A silvery, slate blue like MAC "Smoky" Pressed Pigment or Estee Lauder ‘Black Crystals’ Pure Color Eye Shadow (which is a smokey grey) takes the frustration out of trying to mix two separate silver and blue eye shadows. If you love quads try MAC Melt My Heart Eyeshadow Quad. It will have your silver and slate blue that you need. Also Trish McEvoy's Crystal Gray 24 Hour eye shadow and liner would be an amazing alternative.
To finish the look and make your eyes pop, you’ll need a LITTLE silver eyeshadow to top it all off. Stila ‘Titanium’ Magnificent Metals Foil Finish Eyeshadow which has a striking foil finish are perfect choices. And, finally highlighter under their brows with the MAC Rice Paper.
Beyonce’s blood red lips are a show stopper. MAC Diva Lipstick comes to mind as perfect replication of Beyonce’s lipstick. Revlon ‘Raisin Rage’ Super Lustrous Creme Lipstick and Wet N’ Wild ‘Cherry Bomb’ Mega Last Lipstick are great (and cheaper) duplicates of MAC Diva Lipstick.
Her lips are lined outside of her natural lip line and I would use Vino by MAC. Then two applications of the lipstick blotting in between. Lip gloss is used last.
How to apply:
1. Using a primer on your upper eyelids. I also put a small strip under the lower lashes. Use a kohl eyeliner to line your upper tightline and water line.
2. I would first use a base color the deepest color on just the lid to a V and under the lash line. Blend in the blue/gray eyeshadow. Be sure to blend the color evenly and to create an outer-v shape as you go.
3. Next, take a silver/gray eyeshadow and apply it to the entire lid.
4. Apply a gunmetal shadow over your eyelids and blend it with the silver color.
5. Next, apply the silver/gray color to your bottom lashline. From the inner corner to the middle. Apply the gunmetal color to the rest of the lashline and blend.
6. Line your bottom line with a black eyeliner kohl for added definition.
7. Top the outer-v with a matte black shadow. Blend!!! Fill in brows and add highlighter under brow. Add two coats of your favorite mascara.
8. Clean up fall out from shadow around eye area. Apply primer to face and add matte or satin finish foundation to face. You don't really want a dew or glowing look here. Add concealer under eyes and where necessary to spot correct discolorations. Dust with powder to set.
9. Use a contour color to softly define cheekbone and dust cheek with pale color. This is a barely there look!
10. Next, apply a base to exfoliated lips and apply a lip liner. Finally, apply a deep oxblood lip color two times, blotting in between. Followed by gloss for added definition.
THINGS I LOVE!